ПО УСТНОМУ ПЕРЕВОДУ
Interpreting & Note-taking (Latest Trends & Group
Work) - based on B. Jarwitz & D. Fleming Conceptual
Project – S.C.I.C.
Seminar on Cons Interpretation (one to three days)
Day I (six hours)
• Participants introduce themselves
• Presentation of seminar content and note-taking
• The ideal candidate and graduate- group work) –
• Pedagogical progression / - debates
• Self-training / preparation
• First steps in interpreter training – practical
• Role-play: Cons (no-notes) – practical
• Presentation: Memory training in consecutive
• Role-play CONS (no-notes) + debriefing – practical
speeches and their interpretations. Speaker –
interpreter – customer. Group appraisal work.
• General approach to training – discussion
• Running a training session
• Presentation: Who is the interpreter now?
• Speechmaking with exercises – practicals
• Teaching note-taking
• Common problems encountered with note-taking /
• Cons role-play
• Role play CONS notes with students – practicals
• Debriefing – summing up.
Day II (six hours)
• Translation consecutive to simultaneous
• Introduction to simultaneous, SIM & CON compared.
• Introduction to simultaneous role play – optional
• Advanced sim and simultaneous (optional)
• EU standards
Day II (cont) or Day III
• Pedagogical assistance in interpreter training
• Professional ethics / Role play
• Aptitude testing – group work / Practical work
• Final examinations in interpretations / tests
• SCIC (assessment criteria and standards)
• Other issues arising / Role play
• Debriefing. Practical training: sight /
• Final Debriefing & Results Appraisal.